As a pro athlete insurance should be the least of your concerns. We are aware of the traditional limitations on sourcing travel and medical insurance if you are a semi-professional or professional athlete. Even sports-specific travel insurance packages can exclude any related activities and travel if you are paid to ride and train.
As a professional athlete, we can offer you cover for emergency medical expenses whilst racing abroad through a specialist travel insurance policy via DTW Sports Travel+
Yellow Jersey can provide you, your family and your team with complete peace of mind whilst travelling and racing away from home.
Our specialist policy arranged via DTW, covers you 24 hours a day whilst abroad, and for all trips with 2 nights away in the UK.
Key benefits include:
- Medical expenses – £10,000,000
- Personal liability – £2,000,000
- Legal expenses – £50,000
- Personal accident – £25,000
- Personal baggage (extension) – £2,000
There are two options to chose from:
Annual Multi Trip
- If you are based in the UK, with frequent short trips to races and training camps overseas, this is the best option
- Cover can be extended to 60 days for any one trip, worldwide
- Trips must start and end in the UK
- If you are based overseas for a team for several months, or just to train in warmer weather year round, this is the right one for you
- This covers you for the entire time you’re away, for all countries visited
Things to consider
- Be sure to disclose any and all pre-existing medical conditions
- Chose the correct sports extension (e.g. Road racing – category 1)
- Personal liability cover whilst racing is excluded. Please ensure you have the correct level of cover from your appropriate association.
- Private medical expenses whilst travelling within the UK are not covered
- Damage to the bike whilst training and racing is excluded. You will need a comprehensive bike policy. Click HERE for an instant quote.