Yellow Jersey University Triathlon Scholarship
Do you have a passion to grow triathlon at your university?
We want to get as many students across the UK into triathlon as possible, and we’re looking for an ambassador to help us do so.
We’re looking for someone whose passion for triathlon is infectious. An athlete who isn’t just getting up for 6am training on their own, but taking their housemates with them.
The Yellow Jersey University Triathlon Scholarship will be awarded to a UK student who can best demonstrate their passion for triathlon and a proactive desire to get more participants into the sport.
Our expert panel of judges will want to know:
- What drives you and what makes triathlon your passion
- How you work to encourage more people into the sport
- How you think you could help more people to fall in love with triathlon
- What your goals are and how you intend on achieving them
You don’t need to be the next Brownlee Brother. You don’t even need to be the best triathlete at your university. If you love to race and have good ideas of how to get more students involved in triathlon, then we want to hear from you. You could be the very person we want for our University Triathlon Scholarship.
Hear what last year’s winner has to say:
‘Winning the scholarship was such a surprise last year but one which has given me so many fantastic opportunities. The funding and support of leading brands has helped ease the balancing act of studying, training and working.
I would encourage every student that is involved triathlon to apply for the 2018/19 scholarship. It’s aided in the development of my multisport career and it just might do the same for you!
When applying, remember to tell your story and why you love the sport. Keep it personal, showcase your talents, and don’t miss this opportunity to be the best triathlete you can be!’
Our judging panel consists of:
- Ryan Georgiades – MD of Yellow Jersey
- Gary Roethenbaugh – Triathlon Industries Association
- Andy Lewis – Paralympic Triathlon Champion
- John Levison – Editor of Tri 247
- Laura Smith – 2017’s scholarship winner
The scholarship will include:
- £1,000 cash prize to put towards your 2019 triathlon goals
- One year’s British Triathlon membership and entry to the AJ Bell World Triathlon Leeds in June
- One year’s Yellow Jersey Ultimate Bicycle Insurance and Travel Insurance
- One year’s TrainingPeaks Premium Athlete Edition subscription
- One year’s supply of Precision Hydration electrolyte products
- A KitBrix triathlon bag