Yellow Jersey University Triathlon Scholarship
Do you have a passion to grow triathlon at your university?
We want to get as many students across the UK into triathlon as possible, and we’re looking for an ambassador to help us do so.
We’re looking for someone whose passion for triathlon is infectious. An athlete who isn’t just getting up for 6am training on their own, but taking their housemates with them.
The Yellow Jersey University Triathlon Scholarship will be awarded to a UK student who can best demonstrate their passion for triathlon and a proactive desire to get more participants into the sport.
What are we looking for?
Our expert panel of judges will want to look at:
- What drives you; what makes triathlon your passion
- How you work to encourage more people into the sport
- How you think you could help more people to find passion in triathlon
- What your goals are, and how you intend on achieving them
You don’t need to be the next Brownlee Brother. You don’t even need to be the best triathlete at your university. If you love to race and have good ideas of how to get more students involved in triathlon, then we want to hear from you. You could be the very person we want for our University Triathlon Scholarship.
Our judging panel consists of:
- Ryan Georgiades – MD of Yellow Jersey
- Gary Roethenbaugh – Triathlon Industries Association
- Jodie Stimpson – Pro Triathlete
- John Levison – Editor of Tri 247
- Oliver Herald – lead for Children and Young People at British Triathlon
- Brian Adcock – MD of Castle Triathlon Series
The scholarship will include:
£1,000 cash prize to put towards your 2018 triathlon goals
One year’s Yellow Jersey Bicycle Insurance and Travel Insurance
A session with a member of the British Triathlon development team
One year’s Training Peaks subscription
A personalised Kit Brix Triathlon bag
A ROKA kit bundle
A year’s supply of SIS sports nutrition products and access to a world class nutritionist
Entry to a Castle Triathlon Series event of choice
Winner Announcement 15th January 2018
The winner of this year’s scholarship is Laura Rose Smith from the University of Manchester. Congratulations, Laura!
2nd place: Caolan Stowe, University of East Anglia
3rd place: Megan Powell, King’s College London