We are recruiting for our claims department
We’re not a typical cycle insurer, all of our claims are handled in-house by a small and dedicated team of cyclists.
If a customer’s bike is stolen or damaged, we are responsible for collecting the customer’s information, verifying their claim, and then sourcing and replacing components or entire bikes.
We’re looking for more great characters to add to this exciting team. Someone who enjoys talking to people, who takes pride in their work, and who takes the initiative. Ideally, we would love someone who loves bikes.
If you think you’d be a good fit, please read through the job description and send us your application.
The role is to assist our claims team when handling claims from customers across our brands. It will involve taking calls from customers before, during and after submitting claims via our online portal, as well as maintaining internal and external databases.
- Self-motivated, driven, reliable with a high levels of attention to detail
- An ability to remain calm, confident and focused while handing high numbers of tasks
- A passion for helping other people who are distressed or anxious
- Be able to reassure others and display high levels of empathy
- Numerate with experience in MS Office/Google sheets
- Able to understand and process information quickly
- Process sales orders and reconcile receipts and invoices
- Literate with the ability to tailor communication suitable for the appropriate audience
- Additional Language skills would be an advantage but not essential
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in processing claims efficiently and fairly in a manner that supports the customer and reflects the company’s brand values
- Answer incoming calls, emails and social media enquiries, dealing with these through to a successful outcome
- Provide an efficient and effective service to customers, understanding their needs and requirements and working to exceed these wherever possible
- Build durable relationships with colleagues, clients and third party suppliers
- Report on the status of your tasks regularly and update team members with the status of claims
- Identify and flag potential fraud issues to your manager
- Keep administrative tasks up to date within the agreed service levels
- Carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your manager
- Be fully aware of cost-effective measures at all times and contribute ideas for further improvements.
- Maintain accurate records and computer files
CAREERS & STAFF DEVELOPMENT
The Plan Group is an ambitious, forward-thinking company. One that is growing quickly but not at the expense of its principles.
All our staff benefit from the opportunity of real career progression and outstanding training and mentoring through our dedicated in-house team.
We believe in the success that comes from people working together. That’s why we search for individuals who are real team players, enjoy being part of a group and know that they will have the opportunity to make their mark.
Community programmes – Our CSR committee put a great deal of effort into building strong relationships with local community groups. Every employee is afforded time to contribute to charitable activities that they deem worthwhile.
Professional Qualifications – TPG advocates and sponsors employees to obtain Chartered Insurance Institute qualifications.
Vocational Training – Bespoke coaching from our in-house Training & Development program is supplemented by the work of our Quality & Compliance team.
Social Events & Rewards – Enjoying the company of colleagues and feeling appreciated are central to contentment in the workplace. Our Summer Party and Christmas Awards celebrations are fixtures in the annual calendar. Quarterly prizes for team and individual performance are additional perks, as well as drink trolleys and professional massages.
Employee Benefits – TPG’s salary packages are regularly reviewed to ensure they remain attractive within the insurance sector. They are also enhanced by an enjoyable and entrepreneurial working environment.